Friday, October 22, 2010

2011 medicare supplement insurance: Why is the government involved?

What is the deal with all of these health care debates? There are so many changes, now I have no idea what to expect with my 2011 Medicare supplement insurance. I heard that some parts of Obama care have been passed and that my 2011 Medigap plans might be done away with. What’s the deal with that? Why don’t they just leave well enough alone. Can’t the industry fix the problems by themselves and save my 2011 Medigap plans for next year. I mean, isn’t that the point of capitalism? Shouldn’t the market fix itself? I guess this brings us on to the larger argument of what is the role of government. Is it just to keep us safe from terrorists or is it supposed to make sure that I have (or don’t have) my 2011 Medicare supplement insurance? I just wish we could find a way to satisfy both sides. We should be able to have the companies themselves fix the majority of the problems without the government getting involved, and consequently my tax dollars being spent on things that are probably going to be made worse (I mean have you heard of the post office?). Anyway, I had better just be able to keep my 2011 Medicare supplement insurance or there will be troubled times ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment