Monday, October 25, 2010

As I grow from boy to man.


Boy, when I was a kid it seemed like all of my friend’s rooms were littered with sports trophies. My room, on the other hand was littered with my brother’s sports trophies.
I was more of an artistic, imaginative child than a jock. I didn’t have a lot of interest in playing sports. I mean, it’s not like I would have hurt myself playing kickball. I could still hold my own when I had to, I just wasn’t that into it.  Still I have to admit a smidge of jealousy when I saw all of those sports trophies and plaques with my friend’s names on them and I had none.
Perhaps that I why I strive so hard in the work place now to obtain as many corporate awards as I can, I’m still jealous of the sports trophies and plaques that my friends had and I didn’t. 
Is that a sign of my inner child trying to come out?  Am I trying to overcompensate for the awards that I didn’t win as child? Who knows? Maybe I’m over analyzing myself.  Now, with all of my corporate awards,  I can totally see where my friends were coming from  and why getting those sports trophies was so important to them.
I guess you’re never too old to be proud of your awards.

No comments:

Post a Comment