Thursday, October 21, 2010

If You Start A Painting Company

Surface protection. That's the name of the game when you have a painting business.
I started one a few years back to help pay my way through college. I bought a nice paint sprayer so I could knock places out in a hurry with a quality job. It was great during the economic boom. Especially with people that were buying houses for rentals that needed work. It kept me very busy and made my pockets very deep. 
Being a self-taught painter I found out the hard way what happens with poor surface protection. When you have poor surface protection and use a paint sprayer, the over spray gets everywhere! Anything that is not covered beforehand, will be covered in paint dust when you are done. 
I have found it to be even more important to have good surface protection and covering skills in this bad economy. People are more picky and pay less because they have less to spend, so the job is more competitive. If you do a good job, you will likely get referrals. If you do a poor job, you will lose out. 
If you are thinking of starting your own company, you should make sure you are very meticulous when covering things that you don't want to get paint on.  Like I said, surface protection is the name of the game if you want to make some good money.

No comments:

Post a Comment